My hobbyist coding updates and releases as the mysterious "Mr. Tines"

Tuesday 7 August 2007

Meets minimum

After a bit more fiddling with P/Invoke code, I have hooked into the Win32 Recycle or Delete APIs; though at the moment multiple file delete is done one file at a time. But the directory pane is roughly meets-minimum standard.

Next I can get to the object of the exercise, making an FTP connection and getting the remote directory information back to its own version of DirectoryPane. This will be an interesting combination of BackgroundWorker and asynchronous I/O, with pauses built in so as to throttle the uplink to what my router is prepared to handle.

And then I get to tweak it -- like switching to WPF if available -- and port it -- Mono on Debian working around the P/Invoke stuff.

No comments: