My hobbyist coding updates and releases as the mysterious "Mr. Tines"

Monday 21 January 2008

How Jythonic can it get?

Following up from my previous post, I've been thinking that it would be nice if I could make the code there a bit more Jythonic -- wrapping Java-style bean properties and event handlers transparently in the IronPython/J# world, where the inherent properties will be the Capitalized .Net ones, and we only have the .Net delegate-style handlers.

I will need to experiment to see exactly how open the IronPython proxy classes are to extension, first.

So many projects, so little free time. And I really need to do more with F# and PowerShell, not to mention wanting to try writing a generic protocol-terminating proxy framework in Erlang, probably with SOCKS5 as an exemplar protocol.

LATER

As I suspected, setting Local.__getattr__ = my__getattr__ for a function of suitable signature works where Local is a pure IronPython class; but for an imported .Net class I get


TypeError: can't set '__getattr__' in dictproxy

even with the indirect approach of something like dtai.gwt.GadgetFrame.__dict__["__getattr__"] = my__getattr__.

So Java/J# idioms at the interface it may have to be.

No comments: