My hobbyist coding updates and releases as the mysterious "Mr. Tines"

Wednesday 23 January 2008

Colour me slowpoke ... Swing on J#

I'd not caught this before:

The Microsoft Supplemental UI Library provides much of the functionality described in the Java 2 JFC Swing specification. It also adds support for much of the functionality found in the JDK 1.2 java.util package.

Version 2.0 of the Supplemental UI Library is included as part of the Visual J# Version 2.0 Redistributable Package. No additional download is required.

To access the functionality in the Supplemental UI Library, simply add a reference to VJSSupUILib.dll in your project.

Betterer and betterer…

Of course this throws a little bit of a spanner in the works of the Jythonizer effort -- I might have subclassed javax.swing.JFrame, but not the component that I get from calling its shiny new contentPane attribute delegating to getContentPane(). Oh, well. At least I might be able to get some cute tricks along the lines of some of the ideas in Swing Hacks instead.

No comments: